Wednesday, October 03, 2007

House Dems Stall Iraq funding: Or, "I don't support the troops and I hate Bush part 126"

Hmmm...Russ ( Moveon.org) Feingold, Herb ( Ah... What?, who said that, where am I? What's the score?) Kohl, Tammy (I am going to get something done next year....or the year after really- I am checking with my California constituency....in Dec. or Feb.) Baldwin and David ( I hate Bush too, look at me, look at me!) Obey..... Never before have so few done so little for so many who vote for them for so long even if the clowns who "represent" do so much damage. (Apology to Sir Winston Churchill) House Democrats Move To Stall Iraq Funding (Please note: the link above may not function as I believe the Wall St Journal is a subscription Web site) By DAVID ROGERS October 3, 2007; Page A6 Wall ST. Jrnal • The News: House Democrats said they would stall action on President Bush's war budget in hopes of breaking a stalemate over policy. • The Background: The Pentagon is seeking almost $190 billion to fund operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. • The Bottom Line: By taking this stand, Democrats are significantly escalating their conflict with the Bush administration. The chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, David Obey (D., Wisconsin), can effectively block House floor action by not moving a bill funding the Pentagon's request out of his committee. "I have absolutely no intention of reporting out...any such request that simply serves to continue the status quo," said Mr. Obey. ( I am arrogant..... hear me whine) House rules permit Republicans and prowar Democrats to try to go around Mr. Obey and force action on spending. But the chairman's stand, blessed by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), represents a significant escalation of the conflict with the administration. Ah yes, the Democrats in full coordination to "change direction" in Iraq....White Flag Democrats on parade- all from Wisconsin- we deserve better.

No comments: