Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy 200th Birthday ABE!

Mr. President, you are no Abe Lincoln
2/12/1809
SAVE THE UNIONS! SAVE THE UNION!
I had a letter to the editor of Wisconsin State Journal published on Jan 18, 2009. My submitted headline was:
Lincoln: Save the Union!
Obama: Save the Unions!
They softened it in my opinion, with the headline, "Saving the union, or unions?" but who's complaining? (me).
After seeing the Pork barrel spending today, Lincoln's B-day, of the "stimulus" bill to retain mostly union only jobs- Government construction, teachers, state, federal workers, firefighters, police and hiring 600,000 new federal workers, I may have underestimated Pres. Obama. He and the truly professional spenders A.K.A.: Democrats are now showing just how much they can spend on pork. Truly breath taking! Only about 12% will go towards infrastructure rebuilding and very little will be infused into the economy in 2009.
The three RINO* Senators from the N.E. who, 'just want to be loved' Sen. Collins, etc. who joined in the Democrat hogfest need to be taken down on their next election. The reason Republicans lost heavily in the last election is they, in their amateurish way, tried to spend like democrats and did pretty well- enough to get them unelected at least!
I need to stop now and work on my "NO BAIL OUT" bumper sticker like my buddy Adrian has on his car!
* Republican In Name Only

No comments: